I've changed my Twitter handle from @liggs to @dliggat, as part of a general username consolidation that's been nagging me for a while. I figured it was worth marking the occasion with a site entry, given how much I use Twitter. In case you're wondering, it's quite easy to swap two Twitter handles with a 3-way switch, so long as you control both handles.
- In one browser, I opened @dliggat to https://twitter.com/settings/account
- In a seperate browser (Chrome instead of Safari in my case, but a private browser session would work also) I also opened @liggs to https://twitter.com/settings/account
- I renamed @dliggat to @dliggattemp. Once this is confirmed, the next two steps need to be completed as quickly as possible.
- I renamed @liggs to @dliggat.
- I renamed @dliggattemp to @liggs.
It all worked out without a hitch. @dliggat it is from now on.